What makes your baseball cards valuable:
- Is there a rare error that was quickly connected?
- Is the card a rookie card?
- How common/uncommon is the card?
- What condition is the card in?
- How popular is the player right now?
- Is that player in the hall of fame?
- What company produced the card?
- Is the card autographed?
These are all factors that can make a big difference. Vintage cards are much harder to find, much rarer, and harder to find in good condition. Some years companies produced fewer “rookie decks” than other companies. This is why an Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card is worth way more than Fleer or Donruss rookie card.